In 1994 Marc Pesce and Tony Parisi together with developers of
designed a draft of a description language for 3d-sceneries.
In corporation with the
14772-1:1997 standard was realized.
- : VRML 1 to VRML2 converter and plug-in-chooser for selecting simultaneous installed VRML-Browser in Netscape Navigator
- : utility free of charge for converting from VRML 1 to VRML 2. IRIX, Windows95/NT
- 3D View: converts CAD-formats (IGES, VDA-FS, STL, ISO G-Code) into VRML; price: USD 60. Windows
- Crossroads 3D: import and export of 3D-Studio (3DS), Autocad (DXF), Truespace (COB) and VRML 1, as well as VRML 2, PovRay and also many other formats. Windows
- Doom2Vrml2: utility free of charge for converting from Doom-files (WAD) into VRML2. IRIX, Windows95/NT